Have you had one of those days that you truly don’t feel like cooking? Or maybe you have been running around all day at work and are just tired, and the last thing you’re thinking about is making dinner. Basically it comes down to the simple fact that life is busy. Sometimes we all just need a quick, easy, inexpensive, delicious recipe.
I thought I would share with you a quick, flavorful tuna patty recipe that will make you not feel guilty for having a “burger” with these patties. We had them last night and my husband loved them. Don’t be frightened by the sound of a tuna patty burger, yes it will not taste like beef but with all the flavors your taste buds will be so confused but happy and it won’t be very fishy at all!!!
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cans of tuna in water (I used Albacore white tuna from krogers)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup of Panko seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon of mayo
- Lemon juice (half of a large lemon)
- 1 serrano pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Cilantro, chopped (about 2-3 stems)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of powder garlic
Now for the fun part….
- Open the can of tuna and drain the water out, then place the tuna in a bowl. In this same bowl you will add the chopped onion, tomato, cilantro, and pepper and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl whisk together the mayo, salt, pepper, garlic, black pepper, lemon juice and eggs.
- Now combine both bowls into one, and with a fork mix all the ingredients together until they hold together.
- Once the mixture is all mixed it’s time to make the patties! I went ahead and used the top of the breadcrumb container to get a perfect circle. Place the tuna mix into the lid and start compressing the mixture together, once you are satisfied with the thickness of the patty remove from the lid and place them aside.
- In a large nonstick pan, add some olive oil as you will cook each patty for about three minutes on each side until golden brown and semi crispy on the outside. You might need to add more oil in between batches of patties to make sure they all cook.
With the two cans of tuna I was able to make 5 tuna patties! I went ahead and added some swiss cheese on top of my patties and let it melt to resemble a cheeseburger. The outcome was fabulous! Let me know once you tried this how they came out and if you enjoyed them as much as we did.